Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Current Reading List

Money Myth an interesting article about a poor immigrant's thoughts after fulfilling the American dream.

Anatomy of the Bear by Russel Napier. Interesting history published in 2009. The author goes on to say we are in a going to be in a recession from 2000 to around 2014. I think that is pretty prescient.

Confidence Game by Christine Richard: I devour any investment book with behind the scenes stories about Wall Street. This one is about Bill Ackman's fight with MBIA.

Tap Dancing to Work, by Carol J. Loomis. One more book on Buffett which adds more insight to the best investor of our time.

Investing in the Unknown and Unknowable. This article adds a lot to my thinking about probability theory and the real investment world. It is on the same topic that I discussed here.


Poor Charlie's Almanack, Edited by Peter D. Kaufman. This is a well-known book which addresses the issues of the above, based on speeches and quotes of Charlie Munger.

An anonymous writer accuses Chaoda of rampant corporate fraud. This company interests me now that I have invested in a Hong Kong stock.

An anonymous writer accuses Huabao International of being a huge pump and dump.

I also am playing around with a cool new tool that can reveal the differences in the text of different 10Qs and 10Ks of a company.

No comments:

Post a Comment