Friday, September 11, 2015

My 4th Annual Schedule of Investments

Wow, so three years on, I am still regularly posting. On each anniversary of my blog I list my dozen or so largest holdings.

Position Category Business
Wellpoint (ATHM) US Large capHealth insurance
Senvest Capital (TSX:SEC) Canadian SmallcapInvestment Company
IEH Corp (IEHC) US MicrocapManufacturing
Seaboard Corp (SEB) US Mid capFood Conglomerate
McRea Industries (MCRAA) US MicrocapFootwear
Tachibana Eletech (TSE:8159) Japanese SmallcapElectronic Distributor
New Century Hong Kong (HK:0234) Hong Kong Small capHotel, cruise line
Installux SA French microcapManufacturing
AIG (AIG) US Large capInsurance
Bruce Fund (BRUFX) Mutual fundMid-cap value
European Reliance (ATH:EUPIC) Greek smallcapInsurance
Pacific Healthcare Organization(PFHO) US microcapHealthcare services


My largest positions have a few changes from a year ago. I sold Hanover Foods and Putprop at a loss. I sold ITIC at breakeven. And Petsmart exited by going private. I normally hold on to winning position in non-retirement account as I prefer to avoid taxes. But the company made the decision for me by going private. My new investments on the list are Senvest Capital and Pacific Healthcare.

Anthem (formerly Wellpoint) had a great year along with other health insurance companies. Seaboard jumped to as high as $4640 per share early this year. But I hesitated selling because I was to attend the annual meeting in April. That was a big mistake because it didn't stay that high for long. Now it is back to $3330 today. My best position TTM was IEHC because I doubled my position after attending the annual meeting.

I have held the three largest stocks plus the Bruce Fund for a while. But all the rest were purchased within the last 3 years. And I am still waiting for a lot of them to breakout. For example EUPIC, Senvest and New Century are trading at nowhere close to book value. And these three are perfectly fine and profitable companies. So, I think this portfolio has a lot of potential energy to release, when given enough time.

3 comments:

  1. Investing in the stock market is risk move and most of us never tried it due to the involvement of various factors. However, it is a business and people are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete