Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Current Reading List

Keys to Reading an Annual Report by George T. Friedlob and Ralph E. Welton. This is an excellent easy-to-ready guide which I will keep always as a reference for reading 10-K's.

Two very bullish investing gurus on weathtrack: Ed Hyman and Bill Miller. These two seem to me to be over-the-top bullish. And I am skeptical but also praying that they are right! You can view the two parts here and here.

Understanding Michael Porter by Joan Magretta. Michael Porter wrote the seminal book on the topic of business competitiveness called Competitive Strategy. He wrote that book more than 30 years ago, and it is very dry. That book and all of his works up to now are summarized in this book by Joan.

I found a treasure trove of data supplied by Aswath Damodaran of the Stern School of Business. It contains spreadsheets with individual company statistics for tens of thousands of companies all over the world. I intend to use this as the basis for making a global stock screener. And hopefully, I'll find some new neglected undervalued smallcaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment